Project Accomplishments & Financial Summary:
- From 2012 to 2018: Over $1.2 million received in donations
- $892,000+ in expenses for: Land purchase, building design, site development, county submission fees, taxes, insurance and fundraising expenses
- $438,000+ in expenses for: Posting bonds, Fairfax County and permit fees
- May 2019: Groundbreaking Ceremony
- May 2019: Brick Campaign Kickoff
- A total of 54,000 bricks (~$2.6 million) required to complete the construction of the Funeral Facility.
- Each brick costs $48 (includes construction costs).
- For donations of $2,500 and higher, a plaque in the donor’s name will be placed inside the facility wall.
- January to September 2019: Received $343,683 in donations (equals approx. 7,160 bricks)